We believe that all students can achieve well above their own and others’ expectations.
Meesh Vince – Programme Leader and Teacher of Drama
Mick Glenfield – Teacher of English and Drama
- State of the art studios with stage lights, projectors, real wood, heated, sprung floors, drapes etc.
- Assembly Hall with bleacher seating, lighting and sound box
Drama embraces the widest range of arts.
In Years 7 and 8, the focus is on dance, drama and physical theatre. Students experience creating, performing and appreciating.
The GCSE Drama curriculum is enhanced by:
- Visiting professional workshops, residences and shows
- Timetabled enrichment lessons leading to public performances
- Professional quality annual production (e.g. Beauty and the Beast in 2014, Mulan in 2015, The Lion King in 2016, Hairspray in 2017 and Mary Poppins in 2018) directed by Meesh Vince
- Weekly Young Company Old Vic sessions at Bristol Metropolitan Academy
- Links with professional organisations such as Bristol Old Vic, Travelling Light Theatre, Bath University and others
- Running primary school workshops for Years 5 and 6 in dance and drama with opportunities to perform in our shows